Tuesday, October 14, 2008

WHERE IS ASH ?

It was 1:30 last night and James got up to go to the bathroom and he noticed Ashlynn's bedroom door was open. She always sleeps with her door shut. So James went to check on her. She was gone. He comes wakes me up. Where is Ash? First of all that Question didn't make sense after being sound asleep. Then we start frantically looking. 2 min goes by and there is no sign of Ash. 2 minutes feels like 2 hrs when your missing a child. James decided to go look out in the garage, nothing we are coming up empty handed. Now were rechecking places. I checked under her bed. James checked under our bed and there she was sound asleep.
When he first woke me up I felt like she was on the floor nest to my side of the bed. I felt her presence in the room but when panic set in things changed. My mom instincts were right I just needed to get down to the ground to find her. Its crazy how fear can change things and rattle you some. Its almost blinding and it makes it seem there is no way things can be accomplished. I'm just glad she is safe and sound. Talk about a Real nightmare. I love you Ash now don't ever do that again.

4 comments:

Tara Green said...

whoa. i think i did this to my mom and dad many times when i was little. i bet it is way scary. i remember thinking..."what's everyone so worked up about?" when they would finally find me.

ps. i tagged you. see my blog for more info.

Laura said...

Oh my word! I would have been totally freaking out. Of course, my mom lost me once, and I was sleeping in my own bed. Called the police, had my dad home from work and everything. Glad Ash was safe!

Rilieanne said...

I've never experienced losing or misplacing a child, and I can certainly say I hope I never have to! Scary stuff

Deb Williams said...

LOL I have had something similar happen to me except we had a pile of bankets folded next to our bed and Ella had climbed in and snuggle...With the blanket over her head. She blended in. I freaked out and the hunt was on. Josh got up and noticed her right away and was not happy i woke him...Oh the joys of being a mother!!!